Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Who was there before?

I have a huge fascination with many facets of stories. That's the main reason why I love market research so much. This comes into play in a lot of my other interests, too, but I won't get into all that now.

When we were kids, we moved several times. In each new house, I would search and search to find something that might tell part of the story of those who had been in the house before. I was thrilled when I found a pick-up-stick in the closet of my room in one big old house. Kinda' sad, yes, but I was 7.

Not until a few years ago did I ever feel like "something else" had been left behind. I was reminded of this when I started reading Grave's End by Elaine Mercado, a nurse who has written about her life in a haunted house. Fascinating and some of it (the early, lighter parts) rang home. The sensation of being watched. Of someone in the room with you. An unreasonable apprehension.

In my old apartment, I used to get those feelings. I would feel watched throughout the house and the anxiety would occur in various places, but both were worst in the stairwell. I would race through it to do laundry, talking loudly to the cat or singing to myself as a distraction. I never felt much at ease there. This echoes so closely the early stages of the haunting at Grave's End, I wonder who or what may have been in that apartment. What was their story?

*****************************************************

Roelle kid happenings in July:

July 9
Dan's band, Theophilus is playing at Phoenix Cafe in Palmyra

Until July 23
Sonny will have some artwork on display (as CW Roelle) at CBGB's 313 Gallery in NYC:
Help Computer! is the title of the show

July 22-August 14
(including an artist panel on August 1)
Sonny/ CW will be in a show at South Country Art Association in Kingston, RI (ref the calendar on Sonny's site

July 31
Theophilus at the Jammin' for Jesus Festival


PS - I've learned links! Still working on images...

No comments: