Thursday, June 09, 2011

30 Days of Creativity - Day 9

Today I created: a stir fry.

I do not often come up with my own stuff in the kitchen. I like to follow recipes - at least when I try new things - so that I can figure out what works or doesn't in the formula and change things from there. J has an entirely different approach - thinking it's always better to just make stuff up than follow a guide.

Tonight I got creative for the first time in a while. I had soba noodles and stir fry veggies and wanted to come up with a tasty, healthy stir fry.

First, I toasted pumpkin seeds, garlic, mustard seeds, sesame seeds, and celery seed. The celery seed may have been a bit much.


Then, I added the frozen stir fry veggies, baby corn, and bamboo shoots. Once the frost was off of the veggies, I added sauce elements - strained tomatoes, sesame oil, Thai sweet chili sauce, and a hint of fish sauce.


Later, I felt it needed "green",so I added a little chervil. It did the trick,though.


Not a spectacular meal, but I'm happy with what I came up with.

Oh, and crochet is now 6 rows done (of 54 on this half of the project). Looks quite nice - although it's usually not until about row 25 that I realize I've messed up.

No comments: