Monday, January 24, 2005

Pre and Post snow burial

Before being buried in snow...
Went to see Elektra with Kate. Finally, an answer to the question! The verdict??? I think the movie theatre cheated and changed the showtimes a day early - we missed show 1 and show 2 wasn't for hours.
So, we went to see The Aviator instead. Really good! Pretty long, but an interesting story (didn't know the HH bio before) and excellent acting! We enjoyed being surprised by famous faces throughout... It's got to take courage to risk all for an idea and fight off mental illness...

While buried in snow...
Book #3- Borderlines, by Archer Mayor. J got this because Mayor is from Vermont and writes stories about Vermonters. I'm not really the detective mystery type, but the story was a good one. J disliked the style, but I didn't find it as distracting as many others that I've read. I did dislike his tendency to dwell on the depressing aspect of everything -I'm sure there are some very cool things about the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont, some beautiful towns, etc, but he made it sound like a depression era pit. Also, I couldn't help being put off a bit by guys in their 60s lusting after and hooking up with 20-30 year olds. Don't want to show any ageism, but it just didn't seem right.

No comments: