Thursday, October 06, 2005

Early to rise

I got to work today at 6:05. I usually don't get out of bed until 7. I am a walking zombie. Kinda nice when I got in because the lights on the floor were still off, except the one at the back of my cube - it made it kind of cozy. Still, not only did I have to be here at that insane hour, I had a breakfast meeting with our CEO at 6:30! So hard to make a good impression when moving your tongue seems as difficult as a Turbo Kick class...

I've noticed lately that the warm fuzzy of spending time with friends is slightly different depending on what era in your life those friendships come from. The comfort zone varies - although very subtly. It's all good of course - I'm going to use an analogy and you need to understand that all pieces of warm fuzzy clothing are equally important to chill-prone moi - friends from pre-school are thick, soft, fuzzy socks, from elementary a good warm hat, high school/college friends are long warm scarves knit from the funkiest of yarns, and adult friends are the great old, warm baggy sweater....
I don't know if the order is exactly right and I'm still formulating my thoughts on what the differences are and why - I just know I have a slightly different smile depending on who I've been hanging with. When I have a big bash with a mix it'll be interesting to see how it all meshes.

No comments: