Saturday, August 20, 2005

I believe I can fly

Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies do an awesome version of "I believe I can fly" - starts out with a laid-back beach-style bit of banjo plucking and gets very frenetic in the chorus. Great workout tune. And, I think, a song that I would call one of the theme songs of my life...

It comes to mind because I've been realizing that, of the super-powers I have in many of my dreams, flying almost always comes standard. Sometimes it's a useful tool. Sometime the dream really centers on getting around by thinking myself aloft and wooshing there.
I wonder what it means - it's awful fun, though.

Here's the fish recipe, from a Culinary Institue of America (CIA) cookbook:
(I halved it, cause it says it serves 6, I definitely had 3 servings but some ingredients I had to add extra of, so I'm putting the full amounts here)
Baked Scrod (any white flshed fish will do), Garden Style
4 tbsp melted butter
3 tomatoes, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4 in thick crosswise slices
6 fish fillets
Salt & pepper to taste
3 c shredded zucchini
3 tbsp grated Parmesean or Asiago cheese
1c seasoned bread crumbs
1/4c chopped fresh parsley, chives, dill
1/3c dry white wine

Preheat oven to 375.
Brush individual oval gratin dishes or a large baking dish with butter.
Brush tomatoes & fish with butter. There should be about 2 tbsp of butter left.
Season fish w/ salt & pepper.
Toss zucchini, cheese, 3 tbsp breadcrumbs, and herbs with remaining butter. Season w/ salt & pepper.
Make a nest of zucchini in the center of each dish, or 6 nests in the large dish. Place fish in the center of each nest (*note, I laid the fish on what was more a pillow of zucchini than a nest - this was one of the really cool things about this recipe - the hidden zucchini...) Tuck tomato slides around nest - straight sides towards fish.
Place remaining breadcrumbs on top of fish. Pat down. Sprinkle wine over veggies. Bake 20-25 min - until fish is opaque throughout.
Broil to brown breadcrumbs.

Yum.....

No comments: