Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Book #11

Book #11 was Letters from the Flesh. I don't know. It was enjoyable - a short book that pulled along from chapter to chapter, especially with the alternating narratives or letter streams. Let me back up. This book is written in 2 series of letters, one from a dis-embodied alien that lands in Saul/Paul of Tarsus at the time of his name change, the other from a scientist/fruit-fly researcher to her cousin. It was fun and amusing and I was very interested in where it was going ... until it got there.
I don't know. The way it wrapped up threw me off. I don't think I was offended. Disappointed a bit - it seemed to push too far and too neatly? It's hard to say just what it was, but I wandered the house a bit last night thinking "that just wasn't right".

No comments: