Sunday, April 17, 2005

Trip part1 - follow the red brick line....

Tuesday and Wednesday in Boston - bummer that the nice weekend weather we'd been having didn't extend to MA for this trip, but a few cold fingers on the way to an awesome supper never really hurt anyone....

Stayed at the Club Quarters downtown. I think of Boston as a "recently quit smoking" town - the 2 times I've been the rental cars and this hotel room have smelled of stale cigarette smoke - the smell you can't quite get out of fabrics after years of exposure. That made me a little ill.

I love the streets of downtown Boston. They twist and turn and the buildings are piled right on top of the curves, so they are really like canyons. I would love to take time to explore more - when it's not quite so cold so I'll be more in a picture taking mood....

Had a raucous dinner at Prezza. Met Kat' for a quick round of catch up at South Station - in life, when decisions are made it is best to proceed boldly and with style - Kat' has done that well and I applaud her. When we were in high school and college, I'd often write Kat' to deal with tough things, to clear my head -it always helped. It was good to have a chance to chat, to see that that same bond still holds, for me at least. Have to do it more often, though.

Then, off to the train and Part2, which I'll write about tomorrow, along with Book #10 and whatever else begs to be typed. 'night

No comments: