Friday, December 30, 2005

In the midst of chaos, peace

We had a marvellous holiday, that's not over quite yet for J and I - we do our Christmas celebration late because we separate to our respective families on the actual holiday. Some memorable moments:
Tipsy Turkey -deep fried turkey, yummy corn casserole, and all sorts of other goodies plus excellent company, as always at a Jenny event
At least a day and a half baking in the kitchen - trying new things along with carrying out long-standing traditions (since 3rd grade I've made white bread every Christmas eve) - and enjoying the happy faces of those eating the results!
Time with family, both at Mom's and at our house - I hosted my first Christmas day and I think it went really well! :)
Delaying the Christmas card until I could get a decent shot of Murphy and Molasses getting along!
Eagerly awaiting a night of baked brie, caviar, and other treats, in front of the fire, opening and giving gifts with J and the kittens....

:)This time of year always makes me smile!

No comments: