Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Nothing like a cold for the holidays...

Actually, I'm getting better, so let's hope the trend continues.
This weekend, however, I had to take it pretty slow. J was great. So awesome to have someone pamper you - make you a fire, special pumpkin bread french toast with a hint of Chambord, tuck you in, and so on. Made me smile a lot. :)

While sick, I finished Book # 32 - Smith of Wooton Major and Farmer Giles of Ham by J.R.R. Tolkien. A reread from long ago, these light, short tales are highly entertaining. As with fables of old, they are good character studies, without getting too deep or delving. I love tales that bring fantasy - faerie and dragons, to humble folk.
AND
Book #33 - Quit Your Job by James Kochalka. I got this for J because 1)J was friends with Kochalka growing up and 2)Kochalka went to MICA, the same art school as Sonny - I didn't really know much about his work. The story is nice, refreshing - the cat element hit really strongly, of course. The artwork I'd have to get used to. Evident skill and all, I just prefer more Sandman or Batman style art, or even ElfQuest.

Happy Thanksgiving to all if I don't write before then!
We're gathering at Mom & Dad's - it's always a blast!
More later, then.

No comments: