Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Molson's kisses

I like to take time to notice a beautiful sky - the perfect sunrise or sunset, light striking a cloud just so, rainbows. Since Molson has been gone I've noticed this even more. Often, when I've looked to the sky, something has been there for me. A gorgeous mini-rainbow or a jet stream throwing its shadows on the clouds by moonlight. I like to think of this as a kiss from Molson from where he waits with Milo. A quick kiss to say "Everything will be OK, Mama, be happy." Thanks, buddy....

...

On a totally different note - Book #31 - The Final Solution by Michael Chabon. The first work I've read by Chabon, but I know it's on the opposite end of the spectrum in length from The Amazing Adventures of Cavalier and Clay. A nice little story with a ton of good detail and a spirit/tone that captures the old British detective novel's good points (read "minus all the dry, dusty, glove-wearing boredom I've seen in Christie"). And I like the way it wraps up. A lot.

No comments: