Tuesday, November 08, 2005

We treat you so many ways, you're bound to like one of them

This is a quote from a North Carolinian. Got back Saturday from a trip to Charlotte. Something about the trip or the company made me feel contemplative. My senses were heightened and I felt eager to explore the meaning of each stimulous. I felt more creative - took more pictures, wrote more down, also did some pretty good creative thinking for work. Kinda' neat.

Quick notes (pics are on Flickr):
The Westin in Uptown Charlotte has awesome lobby bathrooms - stalls are separated by real, full walls and have wooden doors! OK - weird to get excited about toilet stalls, but it was classy.

Finally got Jamba! If Jenny and Tina hadn't related the Charlotte airport Jamba story, I wouldn't have found it, as it was in an entirely separate direction from where I needed to go. But I did, had a Strawberry Surf Rider - tasty.

More of the deeper stuff in my next post and more of a relate to the motto in this title.
And I finished book #30 - Jarka Ruus - High Druid of Shannara, Book 1, by Terry Brooks. I've thrived on the Shannara books since high school. This one bugged me a bit because the "hero"'s love interest seems more superficial, almost just switched on, than anything I'm used to in the series. I have a feeling it could be a trap, but don't know for sure. Otherwise, it swept me away as always and now I have to get the next (and on searching for this link, I'm very behind and need to get #3 also!)

No comments: