Monday, February 07, 2005

Book #4, musings...

Book #4 - The Secrets of Pistoulet by Jana Kaplan
Light reading - I had it in the kitchen for when I was waiting for toast, for the microwave, for water to boil, etc. A culinary journey of discovery into the healing power of food for a person's soul, written in the style of Griffin & Sabine, with recipe cards, notecards, letters, etc. The book itself is very pretty and even had an herby smell (although, that could be because I kept it in the kitchen for a while, or because I was imagining things). The story is rather simple and there's not much to say because there's not much there. It does make me want to make the various soups and teas (most of them anyway), even if not to solve the specific malady for which they are prescribed. It will be fun to play with....

So, I've started a workout - chosing the "lose the flab" goal. I'm not grossly overweight, but would like to be a bit lighter - more svelte - ready to kick butt if needed... Anyway, Saturday was the tough day - first day of the strength moves combined with the killer sprint intervals. I waddled up and down the stairs of the house yesterday, because I was so sore - but it felt good!
Problem is, I made the mistake of weighing myself after just 1 week and I'm UP 2 pounds! Probably noise, right, or it hasn't had a chance to have an impact. Still, as good as I feel about working out after too long away, I can't help but feel a bit fatter, too. I don't quite feel right in my clothes...
The whole thing is evil.

No comments: