Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Prayers of all sorts, heartfelt wishes

I don't know if I can contribute to an aid campaign. I might try. I know, however, that I can offer up prayers that those in Asia can heal. That families can be reunited and get information on those lost to us. That survivors will find shelter, food, clean water, and medicine. That the generation of children now decimated and many without parents can recover, thrive, and remember. That clearer warning systems will be developed, that people will know to run when they see the water rush out to sea. That bitter and bickering nations can unite to support those in need. That resources used to kill and conquer can be turned to healing and rebuilding.

Mother Earth does strange things at times. Sometimes you try to look for a message in it. Sometimes there really just isn't one.

No comments: