Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Catching up

It's been a week and a half since my last post...I'm suffering from withdrawal! It's been tough of late because work is insanely busy (getting strategies in place for next year) and what time I have on the web has been mostly spent shopping. Add to that the fact that we're still offline at home and you get a bit of blog silence.

Here are a few quick bits and pieces before I have to run to my next meeting.

It's a Wonderful Life - bunny style - is now up at Angry Alien - with bonus scenes! Happy Holidays!

Sunday night I put the lights on the tree (we put ornaments on tonight). I had candles lit throughout the downstairs, carols on the stereo, and it was nice and easy to get the lights on (starting at the bottom is easier than starting at the top, I found). Lit them up, shut off the lights, and called J to see. I nearly cried, I was so happy! Our lights on our tree in our house! Way way super cool.
The tree is set up in the center of the music room. Surrounded by windows and far from the fireplace. You can still sit on the papasan and just absorb the season. I'm psyched.

Last night, our realtor stopped by with a housewarming gift. Very nice of her. But we had so much trouble with her throughout the process and we were trying to cook and all, so we shuffled her right back out the door in less than 5 minutes. Felt a bit guilty afterwards. But I just don't think she's earned a welcome, really.

Last week, there was an incident on our street where a lady got shoved down, hit her head on the sidewalk, and her bag was taken. People poured from their houses. Not the best way to meet the neighbors, but it was very encouraging to see the response to a neighbor in need. At least 3 guys ran after the person and about 3 carfuls of people also gave chase. Beyond that, the police and local security forces also came out strong. I was just glad to see that people came out in their sweats and pjs and stood there until everything was resolved, going over what had happened, what they could do. Maybe when it's warm enough to be outside again we can get to know them better.

Theophilus plays Christmas eve, but I'm not sure where - check their site for details.
Sonny's art has been doing well. There was even an article on him in Providence Monthly's October issue - they don't post all of their articles on the site, unfortunately - but if you can find a hardcopy it's a cool article.

That's it for now. Need hot chocolate before I can go much further....

No comments: