Sunday, March 25, 2007

Tidbits

I'm in Huntington Beach now, but too tired to fully blog my first day here. Just a few small notes from the past few days:
  • One thing about warmer climes that I do really love - the variety of trees. At home, we have variety, but many look generally the same. Here the trees are very varied - palms and the like, flowering trees, delicate ones, hefty ones. San Diego especially feels lush on the expressway towards downtown for this reason.
  • My plane to LA smelled like a gym locker. Good thing the flight was only a 1/2 hour.
  • Seen in Del Mar: A two-story plaza. Upstairs there's a Koi shop - selling the exotic garden fish. Downstairs - sushi. Just seems wrong.
  • I wish I could capture the smell of the sea at the same time I'm taking pictures and videos and send it back to Mom, who I know loves watching the water as much as I.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, yeah. Like sushi should always be sold on the 2nd floor?