Monday, September 20, 2004

Fall=cooking

I am big into baking, and apple pies and bread are a few of my favorite ways to spend my time in the fall. Homemade applesauce, too. Others include stuff with squash. I have a wonderful Southwest Indian Pumpkin soup recipe. And last night I made Zucchini and Dill soup - marvellous flavor, pretty simple, and a great way to get in the veggies I tend to slack off on eating....

(makes 6 servigs)
2 tbsp butter
5 zucchini thinly sliced
1 large onion chopped
2 garlic cloves chopped
1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
4c chicken broth

Melt butter in large pot over medium heat. Add next 4 ingredients and saute until tender, about 10 minutes. Add broth and bring soup to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 min.
In batches, puree soup in blender. Return to pot. Season with salt, pepper, a little Joe's cajun spices. Bring to simmer and serve - add sour cream if desired.

Yummy...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome soup, made it last night. (Glad to hear you are eating your veggies) Mom